Last item for navigation


Who to contact?

There are two levels of municipal government in Prescott and Russell: the local municipalities and the United Counties.

The distribution of jurisdictional responsibility for planning and land division may create confusion. Please do not hesitate to contact the planning authorities of your local municipality or the United Counties’ Planning and Forestry Department, according to the guide below.

Please refer to your local municipality for:

  • Building and demolition permits
  • Zoning questions
  • Municipal taxes
  • Waste management and recycling

Please refer to the United Counties for:

  • Lot creation
  • Changes to an existing lot
  • Establishing a new subdivision or condominium plan
  • (Exception: please refer any such inquiries regarding the City of Clarence-Rockland directly to the municipality)

Please refer to both levels for:

  • Amendments to an Official Plan