Postjudgment Forms

Last item for navigation

Postjudgment Forms

Affidavit in support of a request for reopening

This document will allow you to put forward a request to reopen a file for a certificate of offence or parking before a Justice of the Peace in the event that the defendant:

  • did not receive his notice of trial; and
  • was convicted in his absence by the court.

The reopening must be filed within 30 days of the conviction date.

In the event that the request is granted by the Justice of the Peace, a new Early Resolution date or trial date will be set, and the conviction as well as the demerit points, if applicable, will be lifted.

Motion for extension of time to pay a fine

This document can be used to request an extension of time to pay a Provincial Offences fine.

In order to obtain a delay to pay the fine(s) without incurring any further penalties,
the defendant must fill out this application and present it to the Justice of the Peace at the Provincial Offences Office.

Guide to Appeals in Provincial Offences Cases

This guide provides general information about the appeal process under the Provincial Offences Act.

For more information, please contact the Provincial Offences Office at 613-675-4661 or 1-800-667-6307 extension 2700.